Wednesday 24 July 2013

WIAW # 27

So here it is one of my fav parts of the week WIAW by Peas and Crayons.
Peas and Crayons

So as normal this is last weeks food and I have to say I am excited to share the aubergine chips I made.

But first breakfast.


I decided to make a thick and filling smoothie and it was lovely.  I included oats, banana, peanut butter, strawberries, grapes and milk.

My kind of pint!
Mid-morning I am still loving the fresh melon.

Lunch was another tasty salad as we enjoy some actual summer weather here in England.

Dinner was something of a mish mash of very tasty food.

I roasted some new potatoes and butternut squash and made a chilli tomato sauce with chicken to pour in top.  On the side we has Aubergine chips and it all was super yummy. I saw a recipe on Skinnytastes and adapted it as being extra good at the moment. 

taste nicer than they look - honest!

I chopped a aubergine into chip sizes , dipped in egg white and rolled in gluten free bread crumbs.  I roasted them in a hot oven on an oil sprayed baking sheet for 10 minutes, then turned them over for another 10.  They were a big hit and I will be doing them again. 

I have seriously been thinking about my dream to do a triathlon and think it is time to take some action.  I didn’t tell a soul that I wanted to do one and now keep telling people in the hope that it actual comes to something!!  I have decided to pick my race for next year and go onto  a forum to get some beginners advice. I am hoping I can be advised on a training book.  I have also been told that there is a club near me and that they are very friendly and helpful.  I feel it is a now or never time and I pick now, well next year but you know what I mean.  The last race in my area is September so it will have to be a next year adventure! There are people who are negative and say I will not do it or laugh at the suggestion.   Well that has only fuelled the fire and so what if I come last as long as I tri!!
 
Before I forget at this weeks weigh in I lost 0.5lb.  To be honest i was disappointed as i have really been keeping to plan and after last weeks very unexpected gain I was hoping for a good lose.  My stomach has really started playing up again and I know that has a big effect on me. I think I have found the trigger but will see soon.
 
Exercise really helps with my stomach and I am so pleased I can do what I want and still happy that I got out on my bike at the weekend.
 


Do you have anything that you really want to try?

Also have you tried any new recipes that you have loved?

No comments:

Post a Comment