Wednesday 25 July 2012

WIAW # 10


Well this is my eats for last Wednesday and I hope you enjoy
 Peas and Crayons
For breakfast I made a oats (surprise surprise) with summer berries and topped with peanut butter.  I think I am going to hold back on the peanut butter for a little while as really try to lose weight.

Lunch was a tasty affair with my first ever Salad in a jar.  The jar was a little on the small side so I couldn’t get my greens in but very tasty.


I started by putting Balsamic Vinegar and olive oil in the bottom.  I then added tomatoes, cucumber and various other salads bits and topped it off with 40g of cooked bulgur wheat.  I shock it up and poured it onto a plate.  It was very tasty and I loved that the tomato and cucumber had soaked up some of the dressing flavour. 

For dinner we had Aubergine and Chickpea curry and it was so tasty as I cooked it the night before.  The flavours really come together when you leave it a day or two.

Aubergine and Chickpea Curry.

1 Aubergine cut into chunks
1 onion finely chopped
½ tin of drained chickpeas
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
Garlic
Spices of your liking, I used
Cumin, turmeric and garam masala
Splash of olive oil

Heat olive oil in a pan and add aubergine and onion and cook until onion is cooked and Aubergine is browned.  Add the garlic and spices cook for about 2 mins.  Meanwhile drain a tin of tomatoes in a sieve.  Add the tomatoes and chickpeas and cook until on a low heat for about 15 to 20 minutes.  Serve with cooked brown rice or/and a salad. 

For snacks again I had my last free Graze box.  The after eight mint was my fav, it was so tasty.  Not sure I can justify £3.95 a week on a box but nice for a treat.


mmmmmmm
 Also a girl in my office bought in some home made cake bites and they are to die for!  One of the nicest cake I have ever had.  They came coated in white, dark and milk chocolate.  I went for the dark chocolate and was so please I had it was soooo good.



I set my fitness aims on Monday and so far I have met the all.  I am at spinning tonight and am really looking forward to it.  I am getting more into cycling and wish I had more time to get out on my bike.  I really enjoyed my 16 mile hilly ride on Saturday and can’t wait to get out again this weekend.  I am hoping to steadily increase my mileage especially if I am to complete a triathlon next year.

The Olympics start on Friday and I am really excited.  There is such a buzz about it here in England especially as Bradley Wiggins won the Tour De France.  I can not wait for the Olympic cycling to start and it is the first event on Saturday morning.
There are so many events I can't wait to watch and will have to set up a schedule.  

What are you most excited about for the Olympics? 

5 comments:

  1. I love cake pops! It's a little indulgence that's better than cupcakes because there's a good cake to coating ratio. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never had one before and loved it. Mine was covered in dark chocolate and it tasted so indulgent.

      Delete
  2. wow thats so cool that they deliver dried fruit in little boxes?? I love that idea!! whenever I buy dried fruit (Dates and figs are my fav!) I go really overboard, and one time I really overdid it and had the worst tummy ache!! I found that I digest dried fruit a lot better when I eat them in the first half of the day, not too close before bedtime, because they really put a strain on our digestive system and rumble the entire night

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the same, i have to eat them in the morning and not too many. The graze boxes are lovely for a treat but the calories can be a little high. Everything i have ever had is always fresh and tasty.

      Delete
  3. I'm so making that curry! It sounds incredible! I have tried just about everything in a jar, but not a salad-will definitely put that on my list:)

    ReplyDelete