Wednesday 28 August 2013

WIAW#29

It is that time of the week again thanks to  peas and crayons and I have missed a few recently. 
Peas and Crayons

I am still flying high from a fab birthdayweekend and still so happy we hiked the three peaks at Catbells.

So last Wednesday was my actual birthday so this weeks eats are of Tuesday last week.

Now that I am off holiday I am back on the oats and topping them with yogurt and fruit has been yummy.

For lunch I stuck to some homemade lentil and veg soup but to be honest it was a little too hot for it!

Dinner was a very tasty affair with King prawn stirfry.  I used rice noodles and have found some really good ones recently that seem to have a good structure.

Snacks have been the usual fruit.

So down to the nitty gritty.  Each week I let you know how I have done on the weigh in front and well after holiday and birthday week (yes week, 4 meals out!) I have gained 3lb.  I am feeling ok with this but don’t want it turn into a bigger gain so I am back on track and trying hard.  I can honestly  say I did not go mad on holiday just had a few extra treats and drank more alcohol.



On the exercise front I am back in the swing but I am drawing up a proper exercise schedule for September to get me into the zone as I have verbally committed to a triathlon next year.  I am super excited about this and will share more details later.

How do you manage holiday gains?

4 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday Lisa :) This lentil and veg soup looks yumm-o! I'm all about soup but you are right, it's a little bit hot for it right now! You should share your exercise schedule with us! I'm sure it could help some other bloggers too :)
    I manage holiday gains by eating / drinking whatever I want but in smaller portions. I believe that is all about balance and don't believe at all about crazy restrictions! Anyways, holidays are not everyday, right ;) Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and i will share my schedule although it seems harder to work out than i thought!
      You are right holidays are not everyday and we work hard all year for them. ;)

      Delete
  2. I always find theres no reason to sweat over holiday gain (as long as it's not an outrageous amount), and just get right back into the swing of things =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and that is what i am trying to do. Getting back in the swing seems to be a little harder but getting there. :)

      Delete