Tuesday 28 August 2012

Whitby Fun


Happy Tuesday - The weeks are flying by at the moment and I am sure Christmas will be here before we know it.

Here in England it was a lovely long bank holiday weekend.  As traditional with most bank holidays in England the weather was rubbish!!  We have definitely missed summer here and as my husband he wants a refund!!  We have a couple of weeks off coming up and I can’t wait.

Last week I  had a lovely birthday and was so pleased with all my lovely gifts.  I can not wait to test out my new cycling cloths, especially the bottoms as I have never used padded bottoms.




Saturday I decided to bake a lovely Victoria  sponge cake as my best friend Angela and her husband was coming over. 


It was so good to see her and have a good old catch up.  She bought me a lovely spotty top from Fat Face that I love.

We went to Whitby for the day on Sunday and it was lovely.  I woke up with a really sore shoulder and neck and it is still sore but thankfully not as bad.  The sun was shining but there was a chilli wind.  We had a lovely walk around, stopped for fish and chips and watched a few children catching fish.







We had a fish and chips (small portion) and it was lovely. 

Monday was a lovely chill out day.  I didn’t get out on my bike which was gutting but the weather was shocking and my shoulder was really playing up.  I have decided to make some Christmas presents this year and finally finished crocheting a scarf I started last winter!!  I also started cross stitching a card and forgot how much I enjoyed it.   I love home made gifts and so do some of my friends.  I watched  the film Hook and really relaxed for once.  I made Paella for dinner and for a first attempt it was not bad at all!  It was a little high in calories but very tasty.


As you know I have been really struggling with my weight and with  another week of staying the same I knew action was needed.  After reading a few blogs and watching the Hairy Bikers on TV I have decided to try the good old fashion calorie counting and found a great app called My Fitness Pal.  I have started counting and realise there are days when I go really over and days when I am really under.  I will keep you posted on how I get on and if anyone wants to follow me let me know and I will tell you the info you need.

My fitness aims this week are all neck dependant!

Tuesday – Lunch run
Wednesday – Lunch run and spinning
Thursday – Rest day
Friday – Lunch run

The weekend I am really desperate to get out on my bike and test out my new gear.

How was your weekend and what are your fitness aims?

No comments:

Post a Comment