Friday 27 July 2012

Olympic Mania


The Olympics start today and I am super super excited.  It is not something I usually get over excited about.  Don’t get me wrong  I enjoy watching the odd event but not that bothered about the opening ceremony and that sort of thing but this time I can’t wait. 

I am not sure if it is because it is here in England or what but there is buzz all around and it is contagious.    I don’t live never any of the events but there is loads of coverage and I have lists (yes lists) of events I want to watch.  I went with  part of my family to watch the Olympic flame come through our town and I think my excitement started then.  It was such a fantastic atmosphere and I could not believe the sheer number of people who turned out.

I can’t wait to watch the cycling and see how Great Britain get on.  Bradley Wiggins and Mark Cavendish both did great in the Tour de France and I can not wait to see them.  I also can’t wait to see how Laura Trott and Victoria Pendleton as it is her last Olympics.
Bradley Wiggins

Mark Cavindish

Laura Trott

Laura Pendleton

Paula Radcliffe - Marathon
Tom Daley - Diving
Rebecca Adlington - Swimming
Elizabeth Tweddle - Gymnastics
Helen Jenkins - Triathlon

I really have a soft spot for Paula Radcliffe, she comes across so friendly and likeable.  I am not sure how she is going to do this year as I think she not at her peak fitness. 

I hope my work doesn’t expect me to do much this next few weeks!!  Just  kidding!

This week I have met all my fitness aims and enjoyed them.  I switched my Wednesday lunch run to Thursday and as a result I loved spinning even more as my legs felt stronger.

This weekend  I am hoping to get back out on my bike (which I am loving, like seriously loving), weed the garden, air the tent, cook some tasty food, tidy the house, change the bedding, meet family and go out for Sunday dinner.  Oh and food shop!!  I ALWAYS plan far to much as in the middle of all that I want to watch the mens cycling on Saturday!

What are your plans for this first Olympic weekend and are you looking forward to the Olympics?

No comments:

Post a Comment