Thursday 31 May 2012

WIAW #2

That time of the week again

Peas and Crayons

Breakfast

I am trying to eat wheat free as much as possible at the moment and have been trying Eat Natural, Toasted Muesli with Buckwheat.  It is high in calories but has good fats as well.  It is nice but in all honestly have not yet seen improvement in my stomach issues.



 

Lunch

I had a really lovely roast veg, quinoa, chickpea salad and a blueberry fat free yoghurt.  It was really tasty and I added a little balsamic vinegar. I also snacked in some fruit and raw carrots and celery sticks.




 
Dinner

We had a lovely Bulgur Wheat and Roasted Veg.



It is so easy to make. 

For 2 people

100g of bulgur wheat
Low sodium veg stock cube (I only use half of it)
½ tin drained chickpeas
½ onion chopped small
2 spring onions chopped finely
½ tin of tomatoes.
1 stick of celery chopped finely
2 Tbs of toasted sunflower seeds

Veg for roasting of your choice.

In a pan add all the above and some hot water.  Cook until the bulgur wheat is cooked and add more hot water as you need it. 

While that is cooking roast your choice of vegetables. 
I like to add some balsamic vinegar and walnut oil over the top once served and had it with some additional vegtables.  I also saved some for tomorrows lunch.

Not pictured was a glass of white wine.  I don't normally drink through the week but there was a glass left over and it was calling my name!

No comments:

Post a Comment