Tuesday 22 May 2012

Me!

This is my first post and thought I would tell you a little bit about me.  I love food and fitness blogs and find them really inspiring and interesting.  I have found lots of American blogs but no so many English ones and hoping to add mine to the mix. 

Fitness does not come naturally to me and when I was at school I hated it.  Over the years my weight has fluctuated and over the last year I have gained some weight and got out of the habit of exercising. 

In January I laced up my trainers and got back on the road.  I now run on my lunch break with some colleagues and we do a hilly 3 mile route 3 to 4 times a week. We are not fast and it is a constant effort but we are enjoying it.  I have this sign on my desk that always keeps me going.

Last weekend I had my first road bike ride and I had forgotten just how much I love it.  I can not wait to get into a regular routine. 

My weight has been a tough issue like so many others and I am currently trying my hardest to lose weight.  It has definitely got harder now that I am in my 30’s.  My aim at the moment is to fit back into my jeans!  I was a little chubby as a teenager and not very confident with my body but in my early 20’s I lost weight and got fit(ish).  I started to gain weight when I moved in with my husband and then started to lose my confidence and was not really doing any regular exercise.  I joined weight watchers and I lost weight reaching my goal in 2007.  I also exercised regularly though not sticking to one thing for a long time.  I maintained my goal weight for a long time but over the last year and a bit it has slowly crept back on.  I decide at the start of the year to get a grip of it.  I started a slimming club but it has not worked so well for me so am trying a new approach and will let you know how I get on.

I eat mainly a vegetarian diet and I love cooking and trying different recipes.   I also suffer with IBS and at times when I am stressed it makes life a little difficult.   I hope to share some of the food I cook and recipes I find.   I enjoy the glass or two of wine and like the odd meal out. 

Hope to see you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment