Monday 1 July 2013

Happy Monday

Monday is here already and the weekend has zoomed by.

Friday night as planned I went spinning and I was great but had a lot of climbs in it.  In fact I think it was 45 minutes of climbs!!  I came home and made a lovely Aubergine and chickpea curry with roast butternut squash and courgette.  It was tasty and would make it again.
 
Aubergine Curry
1 Aubergine – Bite size pieces.
1/2 onion - diced
1 tin of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
½ carton of passata
1 garlic clove (crushed)
Curry powder of your choice

Heat some oil in a pan and soften the onion.  Once soft add the aubergine pieces and cook until slightly softened.  Add the chickpeas, garlic and curry powder of your choice, stir through and cook for 2 minutes.  Add the passata and a touch of water.  Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes.  Serve with whatever you fancy.  My hubby had rice and I had roasted veg.
 
We both enjoyed a glass of wine or two!
Saturday
 
I did the weekly food shop and this time wrote a shopping list.  I have planned my meals for the week.  When I came home I decided to make some low points gluten free cookies and they came out ok.  I got the recipe from a weight watchers magazine .


For dinner I made Jamaican Jerk Chicken and it was so lush.  I will do a recipe recap on that soon.

Sunday was girlie shopping day.  I was meant to get up and run but I honestly was so tired as had not been sleeping very well that I slept in!
 
I met Angela and we shopped, talked and ate.  My fav 3 things!!

I bought some lovely tops ready for my holiday.  I am so excited now.
When I got home hubby, we went out for a date and it was a lovely evening.
 
How was your weekend?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment