Wednesday 15 October 2014

Whole 30 - Week 3


I can’t believe we are on week 3 and I am feeling good.  I have not really had too many side effects.  I have tried some nice recipes so far and looking forward to trying some more.  Here are Week 1 and Week 2 details.

Day 15 – Extra energy and sugar craving


I am feeling pretty good to be honest but I am fancying a little bit of sugar but not missing the mindless sugar that I was eating. 

So today I have had chorizo and mushroom omelette 


Banana before my lunch time run.

Lunch was a tasty jacket potato with turkey chilli

I had a nakd bar before swimming, which I enjoyed but I was starving while swimming which was a distraction.  Need to  think of something a little more filling I think.

Dinner was turkey chilli again with Zoodles and it was lush.

 Day 16 – tiger blood

Today I must say I am feeling good and strong.  I also am really starting to notice a difference in my appearance.  My middle section feels slimmer (it may be in my head but I am not measuring myself yet) and I just feel lighter if that makes sense?    I am also starting to think about what I am going to do when the Whole 30 is finished.  I defo like eating this way and at the moment am not sure what to do when it is finished.  I have a weekend away with the girls planned just after I finish and can’t really decide what to do.  We are eating out and I know I will have a GF pizza as that is one treat I have missed.  Otherwise I think I am wanting to stick to it.  Usually we have a few drinks but I am not sure I want to do that.  I am thinking of moving over to  the Paleo diet and having a treat meal/drink once a week.  I would love to know what other people think.

Well today is WIAW from Peas and Crayons
Fall into Good Habits: WIAW
 
So here are my eats

Breakfast was the most yummy chorizo, Asparagus and mushroom omelette and a tea with almond milk.

Lunch  - I was on a course all day and took a tuna salad with me.  I totally forgot to take a picture.  It could have done with more in but it was filling and satisfying. 

Dinner was a really tasty dish I have not had for ages.  Chorizo, vegetable stir-fry with a poached egg on top. Seriously yummy.

100g chorizo sliced

1.5 pepper cut into chunks

1 onion cut into chunks

Potato quarters (cooked already and I used about 7 new potatoes)

1 courgette cut into chunks

0.5 punnet of mushrooms cut into quarters

1 garlic clove

1 chopped chilli

Olive oil

2 eggs
 
I heated the pan nice and hot and cook chorizo.  Once the chorizo is cooked and the oil released set aside the chorizo.  Cook through all the other ingredients and once cooked add back the chorizo.  Then poach two eggs in a separate pan.  Dish up the food and top with the poached egg and enjoy.

I am still enjoying snacking on fruit, seeds and nuts.


Days 17 & 18 – Tiger blood

Well I have had such a busy crazy few days but am sticking to it and feeling good.   This is going to have to be a quick post.   Day 17 whizzed by and in all honestly I didn’t take a single picture and I don’t even think I can remember what I ate!!  I know I stuck to it and am really starting to feel like I have lots of energy. 

Day 18 was also some what of whirl and my meals were planned and enjoyed.  For breakfast I had a lovely slice of breakfast casserole and lunch was a lovely bowl of soup with pumpkin seeds.

Dinner was a very tasty Thai Green King Prawn Curry and very yum.

Day 19 – Gain is tiger blood

I defo seem to have my energy but I have been struggling when running to have the energy I need.  I think this might be more to do with the crazy week I have had as opposed to what I am eating.  I can honestly say I have not been hungry at all which is a bonus and I am not really missing anything too badly.  I have had a busy and mad week that I know I would benefit from enjoying a glass of wine tonight but I will resist.

Breakfast was another slice of breakfast casserole which is easy to eat when I am short of time on a morning.  The only thing I will say is that I am bored with it so really need to think of something new or to add something more tasty in. 

Lunch was tasty jacket potato with chicken curry – yet again I forgot to take a picture.  Some blogger I am!!

Dinner tonight is going to be a beef burger with sweet potato frys and I already can’t wait mmmmmm

This weekend I don’t have any definite plans other than to go walking and take in the beautify autumn leaves.  Autumn is defo my fav season. I just love all the colours and food and I actually like the cold crisp weather.  I know I am weird!  One thing I do miss is a weekly treat and that is something I am going to defo incorporate once the whole 30 is finished.  I am still not sure what I am going to do moving forward but still think Paleo might be on my horizon.

Source





Days 20 & 21

The weekend has been lovely and so has my meals this weekend.  It started with an amazing burger with mushroom buns.  It was lovely.

Saturday started with a hearty breakfast of eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes.

I can’t remember what my lunch was on Saturday but my dinner was an amazing Malaysian chicken curry from ‘I Quit sugar’ slow cooker cook book.  I made from when my friends came to lunch. 

Autumn is definitely here now and I love it.
Oh need to weed

Sunday was a busy but a lovely day as we went to look for some house furniture.  On the way home we went out for dinner to Chiquito’s and I had a lovely tasty meal of Prawn Skewers, roast potatoes and broccoli.  It was delish.  The restaurant is really nice, the service was a little slow but the staff were very friendly.

We would go back.

So how am I feeling well to be honest I am a bit grumpy.  That said I am not craving sugar at all now or missing it really.  I am just missing the occasions treat and a glass or two of wine.  I have some Paleo treats planned for when I finish but really like eating like this.
Have any of you tried the whole 30 and what you did afterwards?

2 comments:

  1. Yum Great eats! Do the whole 30 foods fill you up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can honestly say i have never been hungry on it. I know you are not meant to snack but that is just something i can't do and so far that has been fine. It does take a lot of planning and being realistic of how much food you will need.

      Delete