Friday 14 June 2013

Another Week has flown by!


How is it Friday already and where has the week gone.  It has been a funny week for me as I found myself  feeling nervous coming back to my new job.  That said they are all lovely so it didn’t last long. 

I have been helping an old friend this week who is struggling with her weight by taking pictures using Instagram of my meals, snacks and anything I fancy.  It has been fun and if you want to sneak a peek my user name is 90loopylou.

So one week on Sunday until our 10k and training has been going ok.

Saturday – Just back from hols so didn’t do much but clean!

Sunday – bike ride and loved it

Monday – Lunch run of 5.4k which was good

Tuesday  - lunch run of 5k that was hard work

Wednesday – rest day though must do yoga

Thursday – Lunch run of 5.4k

Friday  - Lunch run (if the rain holds off!)

I plan on doing a 10k training run on Saturday or Sunday depending on plans and maybe, definitely, hopefully, WILL get out on my bike.

I made a lovely meal this week that I just had to share as it is so easy.

Sweet Peppers stuffed with Feta

Tastes better than it looks!
It is so easy to make and tasty.

2 Sweet Red Peppers

½ block of feta sliced (use more if you want)

300g new potatoes cut into bite size pieces

1/3 small butter nut squash cut into bite size pieces

½ onion sliced

I par boiled the potato for about 10 minutes and let them dry in the pan.  Meanwhile heat a baking tray in the oven 200oc with some olive oil and roast for 30 minutes.  Add in the par cooked potato, sliced onion and butternut squash and roast in the oven.  While they are cooking clean out the peppers removing the cores and coat in oil.  Place them on a baking tray with tin foil underneath and they will need 20 minutes to roast.  Once everything is cooked take out the peppers very carefully and stuff in the feta (I use bbq tongs).  Stick back in the oven for a couple minutes until cheese is warm.  Serve everything together with a salad of your choice.  I loved it and hope you do too.

Have you anything planned for the weekend?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment